I want to escape the city and live in countryside. any suggestions?

What with lockdown etc, I have had enough of city living and want to enjoy life in the slow lane! I am originally from London and have lived here for much of my life, but the time is right to move somewhere rural.

Am open to anywhere you can take a proper breath lol, though after Poldark the south west is the current frontrunner :grin:

if anyone has any suggestions, even if not just in the south west, that would be amazing :slight_smile: thanks

Hi Ron!

Welcome to the community :blush:

As a lad from Cornwall, I’m always going to recommend the South West; it can be utterly breathtaking at times. I’m getting all misty-eyed just thinking about the country lanes, crab fishing, and good old Cornish pasties!

We’ve got a great little guide on some of the best places to live in Cornwall here actually:

It’s focused more on families moving to Cornwall (not sure if that’s relevant for you or not), but it’s worth a read so you can get a rough idea of some of the places available. We have other Cornwall guides available on our blog as well, focusing on things like the best places in Cornwall for history fans, nature lovers, and where the best coastal towns in Cornwall are.

Anyway, before I get carried away, do you have any specifics on what you’re looking for in a rural area? We cover much of England in the area guides available on our website, which you can check out here:

https://www.onedome.com/locations/uk/england

Of course, our blog features plenty of great location content too, but if you let me know what you’re looking for then I’d be more than happy to provide relevant links!

Give me a shout if you have any further questions as well :slight_smile:

– Tom

I used to live in North Devon, that is a beautiful part of the world, but expensive and hard to make a living. You get more for your money in South Wales and easier to get back to London if you need to. I currently live in Pontypridd, which is only 15 minutes from Cardiff, and only 20 minutes from the Brecons, so the best of both worlds. However, I am now looking to move to North West London, but that is family reasons. This is an example of what is available. Redirecting...