Thinking of moving to North London, not sure where?

Hello, ive been thinking of moving to North London, partly for work, partly because of friends there. I’m ideally looking for:

• good amounts of green space

• decent access to transport

• affordability

if anyone could suggest a few locations it would be great :slight_smile:

Hiya! Much of North London is great, I lived there for while and enjoyed every minute :smiley:

If you’re after green space, I’d recommend Highgate. Honestly there are so many parks there and on a sunny day, it’s spectacular! Even during the colder months, the parks offer sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of London.

Prices are a tad high relative to other parts of London, and of course the rest of the UK, but you really do get a lot of bang for your buck. For transport, you get easy access to the Northern Line, so you can travel to places like the famous Camden Town in no time at all :slight_smile:

Actually, if you want to read a bit more about North London, there’s a decent blog to check out here:

If you’ve got any other questions, let me know and I’d be happy to help!

• Tom

Thanks for the link!! Highgate might be a little out of my price range atm though, but you never know there might be a gem hiding there somewhere…

I did see Barnet mentioned in the article, but only in passing. Is there anything I can find about Barnet specifically?

thanks

Hello,

Yes we actually have an area guide on Barnet you can read here:

https://www.onedome.com/locations/uk/england/london/moving-to-barnet

You can also use our property search if you want to browse a few of the properties available on our website (it’s filtered for Highgate but it’s simple to search for homes in Barnet too :slight_smile:)

As I mentioned in the previous post, please feel free to ask me any additional questions and I’d be more than happy to help!

We lived in Cockfosters in the late 1960s, a quiet if unremarkable haven of civilised suburbia at the end of the Piccadilly line. We’ve been back a few times since to visit friends and it hadn’t altered much. Trent Park College has, sadly, long gone, but the parkland is still there to enjoy and there’s even talk of opening a museum there chronicling the Top Secret activities of the old hall during World War II (as featured in the 1950s Hardy Kruger film, ‘The One That Got Away’).

1 Like

Thanks for your replies Tom and Wordsworthian (safe to assume not your real name lol). Barnet seems lovely honestly! Definitely going to be having a gander there when I can.

Also truth be told, I’ve never even considered Cockfosters, it was always just that place at the end of the piccadilly line for me :flushed:, from what I’ve read it sound like a quiet, leafy place to live which is exactly what I need right now.

Going to start properly looking in these areas soon, so thanks both for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Always happy to help. We’ve got a guide on Enfield you could read:

https://www.onedome.com/locations/uk/england/london/enfield

Cockfosters lies partly within Enfield and the borough is, generally, more affordable than many other areas in North London.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do!

– Tom